Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Challenge

I've been wanting to do this for a long time...I've thought and thought about this...I'm still not sure how to do it, but I'm at least going to blog about it.

Today, I want to issue a challenge. I want anyone who thinks that teachers have it easy or that we really don't do anything or that we have summers off to lay around to come and shadow a teacher. Seriously. You can't do this for one day. Perhaps not even a week. You need to be here, in the trenches for at least two weeks...better if it was a month. Come see what we do. Come see who we teach. Come see what our expectations are and how much we have to work to get in all the things we need to do. Come see how much we have to plan...how much we collaborate with each other...how much we share. Come see how little we have to work with and how much we give to the kids in either time, money, ourselves and resources. Come see what we deal with and do everyday.

If two weeks of seeing this stuff doesn't make you wonder why we don't run out into traffic or go get ourselves committed, then nothing will.

No comments:

Post a Comment