Thursday, November 4, 2010

uncertainty...

Uncertainty is what I've been feeling since the elections. Our state elected a new governor...one who was in office before. While he was there, education got the shaft...teachers didn't get pay increases and we sunk to 48th in the nation in pay. This year, as he ran, he talked about how he was going to cut funding for preschool/early childhood education. It made me shiver. I know how much preschool does for a child going into kindergarten...I know what teachers at that level are having to do and how much they have to prepare these kids to go to kindergarten...I have a good friend that teaches at this level. I can't imagine kids going into kindergarten not having had preschool.

Our new governor and it seems our new government is not education friendly. What we needed was a government that is education friendly...especially with all the things that we are being asked to do. I hope that we start to think about what we are going to have to do to get our representatives to realize and remember what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment